Skip navigation

School Certifying Officials (SCO) for Veterans Affairs

The Office of Veteran Affairs (VA) Education Benefits will certify enrollment for payment of VA Education Benefits for all students who meet eligibility criteria, as set forth by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Enrollment certification also is done for students eligible for CHAMPVA (VA Civilian Health and Medical Program). Degree plans offered by UCO have been approved by the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs State Approving Agency for payment of VA Education benefits. To complete the UCO enrollment certification process, complete the appropriate enrollment form below.

UCO VA Enrollment Form

Military Active-Duty Tuition Assistance

Military tuition assistance (TA) is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process and restrictions. This money is paid directly to the institution by the individual services. TA is not a loan; it should be viewed as money you have earned just like your base pay. The Services are authorized to establish service-specific eligibility criteria to manage TA funds.

For service-specific TA policies and procedures, visit their voluntary education websites below:


The University of Central Oklahoma will require Service members to provide verification of the approved tuition assistance agreement from the education services officer prior to enrollment. Tuition assistance funds are a unique, distinct source of financial aid available to eligible service members, and the UCO recognizes tuition assistance as a first payer of financial assistance.

The Department of Defense (DoD) tuition assistance program provides financial assistance to service members for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of professional and personal self-development goals. TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and are part of an approved academic degree or certificate program. For more information, view the UCO Unearned Military Tuition Assistance Policy.

The VetHERO Center SCO process GI Bill® Benefits and does not process paperwork relating to TA for active-duty military personnel. This program is initiated by the educational unit and processed through the UCO Scholarship Office. Eligible service members must receive approval from an educational services officer (ESO) or counselor within the military service prior to enrolling as required by the DoD and indicated in the UCO Course Catalog.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.


UCO Veteran Benefits
Nigh University Center, Room 114
Phone Number: 405-974-2400