Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
Title IX Training
All UCO faculty (full-time and adjunct), staff (full-time and part-time) and student employees are required to complete UCO faculty and staff sexual misconduct and gender-based discrimination training each fiscal year, per federal guidance issued by the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights and the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (2013). You have the option of completing this required safety training online or attend an instructor-led session.
To request a training or presentation for your area related to sexual misconduct and gender-based discrimination policies, procedures, prevention or a related topic, email TitleIX.
To access the course, visit the The UCO Learning Center and log in with your UCONNECT information.
Follow these easy steps to enroll in instructor-led training (ILD) or online training: Accessing Required Annual Training Courses.
NOTE: If you have any problems enrolling in the course through the Learning Center, contact the Technology Resource Center or 405-974-5595.
Once you complete the course, a record of your participation will be kept in the completed section of the my progress tab on the Learning Center. You may print a certificate/transcript of completion from this section at any time. Follow these easy steps to print your learning center certificate/transcript: Printing Learning Center Certificate/Transcript. NOTE: It may take up to 24 hours for a completed course to appear on your completed tab.
Required Training for Title IX Investigators and Decision Makers
All Title IX investigators working in the UCO Offices of Student Conduct & Title IX and all UCO faculty and staff who serve as decision makers for Title IX hearings have completed the following training:
2021 Sexual Misconduct & Title IX Hearing Panelist Training
All new students (first-time freshmen and transfers) are required to complete training regarding the university’s sexual misconduct and gender-based discrimination policies and procedures. As a matter of safety and compliance with federal guidance and legislation, completing this training is mandatory and must be done within the first semester of your enrollment.
If you have not already completed Title IX training, the deadline for your chance to be entered in a giveaway for one of the following prizes* is approaching!
- (1) $500 UCO tuition waiver;
- (1) $250 UCO Barnes & Noble Bookstore waiver; and,
- Additional prizes as available.
*These prizes are only available to students who complete their training.
Upon successful completion of Title IX training and verification steps, you will be entered in the giveaway and eligible to win one of the prizes.
Follow these steps to complete the training and ensure your entry is successful:
- Access the Title IX training course
- Review the introduction page and click the “Begin” box.
- Advance through the course using the “Back” and “Next” buttons.
- In order to submit your entry in the giveaway, you must complete the verification at the end of the course.
- On the final course page, click “Verify your completion of the program here” or click the “Verify completion of your entry” button on the right.
- On the next screen, select “YES, I want to verify.”
- Provide your name, email address, and UCO ID number. Don't forget to include the asterisk (*) at the beginning of your UCO ID number!
- Under “Send my verification to: (Recipient)”, select “Title IX Coordinator” from the drop-down menu. Click “Next”.
- Your consent is needed to send verification. Review the “Terms of Service” and select “I agree. Submit it” in order to submit your entry.
- You may print the “Verification Complete” page or select “return to resources” then “print certificate” for your records.
You must verify and provide consent for entry in the giveaway.
The course is owned, operated and maintained by San Diego State University.
For questions, concerns or support in completing the course, please email the Title IX Office. For confidential support, please contact the Center for Counseling and Well-Being at 405-974-2215.
The University of Central Oklahoma is committed to an inclusive environment free from gender-based harassment and discrimination.
This training is one way UCO educates students about important issues related to sexual misconduct and grievance procedures. Thank you for taking the time to learn about the University’s approach of connecting students to resources in order to stop, prevent and remedy the effects of reported activity in a prompt and equitable manner.
If you have a question not answered here or would like to suggest a question for this area, contact the Title IX Office.