Skip navigation

Important Update:

Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.

COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website 

In the case of an emergency, dial 911.

Reporting to the University

Any person may report violations of UCO's sexual misconduct policy by contacting a responsible employee. In addition, incidents of sexual misconduct may be reported to the police.

Interim measures and disciplinary proceedings may be imposed to prevent contact between individuals involved, regardless of whether the survivor chooses to report the incident to law enforcement.


Report Involving any person

Dr. Erin Logan
Room 323, Third floor, Nigh University Center
100 N. University Drive
Edmond, OK 73034

Report Involving any Employee

Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employees Erika Cerda
Room 323, Third floor, Nigh University Center
100 N. University Drive
Edmond, OK 73034

Report Involving Gender Equity in Athletics or any Student-Athlete, Coach or Athletic Staff

Director of Athletic Compliance and Legal Affairs Jeremy Rogers, J.D.
100 N. University Dr
Sports Performance Center 330
Edmond, OK 73034

The Title IX coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the university establishes and follows a prompt, thorough and equitable process for addressing reports of gender-based harassment and discrimination, including sexual misconduct.

Title IX coordinator or deputy can

  • Receive and process a report of sexual misconduct;
  • Explain on- and off-campus resources available and provide, or arrange access to resources;
  • Explain the university's disciplinary procedures, including possible sanctions for the respondent; and, 
  • Discuss interim remedies available, including no-contact orders, changes in housing, work, school arrangements and financial or academic support.

Civil Remedies Suit

Another option available to a survivor of sexual misconduct is to pursue a civil suit against the perpetrator or seek victims compensation from the state. Below are legal resources that may be helpful.

Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.

405-557-0020 or 800-421-1641

Equal Rights Advocates


National Women's Law Center

Anonymous Reporting

Anonymous reporting is an unofficial means to report an incident. This method has been created to encourage reporting without the risk of the identity of exposure. This information will help the university improve its prevention techniques. To keep anonymous, do not include the names of anyone involved. If names are included it is no longer considered an anonymous report and an investigation may be conducted. Since the anonymous reporting method is unofficial, the university may not be able to take disciplinary action in response to such a report.

Anonymous reports involving students may be filed with the Office of Student Conduct, whether or not criminal charges are filed at a later date. Complete an anonymous reporting form.
The Board of Regents of the regional university system of Oklahoma, the university’s governing body, established a “RUSO tip line” as one method for individuals to discreetly and confidentially report activities which they, in good faith, believe may be unethical, illegal or otherwise inappropriate behavior in violation of established policies. The RUSO tip line allows concerns to be submitted anonymously to a secure server administered by EthicsPoint. Any person may report an incident online or by calling toll-free at 866-898-8438. An EthicsPoint contact center specialist facilitates each telephone call and compiles the required information. The information is forwarded to designated RUSO and university officials, who then conduct an appropriate investigation and resolution. The RUSO tip line allows for ongoing anonymous communication between the university and the reporting party. The reporting party is encouraged to participate in follow-up communication, as needed in the event when more information is needed to address the concern.

Criminal Reporting

An individual can contact the police and request help at any time. University police can also provide safe transportation to and from anywhere on campus via the SafeWalk program.

A report of sexual misconduct to law enforcement does not mean the survivor must pursue criminal or civil charges. The police can advise on options and can also preserve evidence while the survivor considers those options. If the survivor does file a formal complaint with the police, it will be fully investigated.

University police will share the incident with the university's Title IX coordinator, so that other campus options and resources may be provided. Reporting does not mean the survivor has to seek prosecution. However, the police will be able to take action to keep other students and community members safe.

Criminal reporting options are in addition to, but not required for, reporting to the university. Reporting crimes to law enforcement in the jurisdiction where they occurred is encouraged, but not required for university remedies or disciplinary action.

UCO Police Department

Edmond Police Department

Oklahoma City Police Department