Designated Scooter Usage Zone
Scooters may only be ridden in the City of Edmond east and west between Coltrane Road (east) and Kelly Avenue (west), and between Danforth Road (north) and 15th Street (south).
Usage of scooters on campus are governed by best practices set forth by Lime, City of Edmond guidelines, and UCO's Pedestrian-Friendly Campus Policy and the Campus Scooter Guidelines . While using a scooter within the boundaries of campus, users should keep the following in mind:
- Scooters may be ridden on university sidewalks. Be aware of pedestrians and observe all motor vehicle laws;
- Speeds on the UCO campus are automatically lowered to 10 mph when entering campus;
- After use, all scooters must be parked at a designated bike rack. They should not be left in landscaped areas or blocking doorways. Abandonment of scooters in unauthorized areas will result in a $10 fine automatically charged to the card used to rent the scooter;
- Charging of scooters is prohibited in campus buildings;
- Helmet use is highly recommended;
- Double riding is prohibited.