What is a Graduate Admission?
Graduate admission is intended for applicants who are interested to earn a master’s or graduate degree from the University of Central Oklahoma.
Requirements for Admission
Individuals are eligible to apply for admission if they have completed an undergraduate degree equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in the United States or they are in their final year of an undergraduate program.
Most graduate program admissions at UCO are based on overall undergraduate degree grade point average (GPA). However, there are certain programs that have additional requirements such as GMAT, GRE, letters of recommendation, resume, etc.
Complete the online application with all required information and pay the application fee online. A non-refundable $60.00 processing fee must be paid for each application. Under no circumstances will this fee be waived. Applicants are required to submit the application fee while completing the online application. After completing the application, make sure to submit the required documents to the UCO Jackson College of Graduate Studies.
- Fall semester: June 15
- Spring semester: Oct. 15
Required Application Documents
Applicants are required to submit the original copy of academic records with an official stamp or seal on the document(s) from the school or by sending an attested copy verified by an authorized agency. If the transcript is issued by a school in a language other than English, UCO requires the official original language documents, as well as an official, or certified, English translation.
Proof of Graduation
An official or certified copy of the certificate of graduation or a letter with an expected graduation date provided by the attended college or university is required. If the certificate of graduation or letter is issued by the school in a language other than English, UCO requires the official, original language documents, as well as an official, or certified, English translation.
If English is not the native language spoken, submit one of the following:
- TOEFL - 79 IBT (internet-based test) or 550 PBT (paper-based test); or
- IELTS - 6.5 overall band; or
- Proof of 12 weeks of intensive English study at an approved ESL program in the U.S. after achieving a minimum TOEFL score of 500 (PBT) or 61 (IBT) or minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0; or,
- Transcripts showing your undergraduate degree was completed from an accredited university or college within the United States or from a UCO-approved native English-speaking country.
Financial Support DocumentationApplicants must provide evidence as to their source of financial ability to cover the estimated expenses for the first academic year of the degree program, fall and spring. View tuition and fees.
Required financial documents:
- A bank statement, certificate of deposit or certificate of balance signed or stamped by a bank official that is no more than 90 days old when submitted showing a liquid balance equaling at least the amount of your first-year expenses.
- If the bank statement is from a sponsor, who lives outside of the USA, applicants must submit a certificate of financial resources. The form can be downloaded by following one of the links below:
F-1 Visa Certificate of Financial Resources
J-1 Visa Certificate of Financial Resources
MSBA Student on F-1 Visa
MBA Student on F-1 Visa
- If the bank statement is from a sponsor, who lives in the USA, applicants must submit an Affidavit of Support I-134, signed by the account owner.
- If applicants are supported by a business, government or corporate sponsorship, a letter of support listing the duration of promised support and monetary amount of support being offered must be provided.
Passport Name Page
A clear scanned copy of the biographical page of the applicant's passport must be submitted. If dependents will accompany the applicant to UCO, copies of their passport biographical pages, along with marriage and birth certificates, as applicable, to verify your family relationship must be provided.
Additional Admissions Requirement for Specific Graduate Program
Refer to UCO graduate catalog or program lists for additional requirement(s) for a specific program of study.
SEVIS Transfer to UCO
If you are currently attending a language school, college, or university in the U.S. and are maintaining an active SEVIS F-1 visa status, you will also be required to submit:
- Copy of F-1 visa stamp
- Copy of most recent Form I-20
- Copy of most recent Form I-94
- Completed SEVIS Transfer-In Form: The SEVIS Transfer-In Form allows for your SEVIS record (on I-20) to be released by your current institution and transferred to UCO. Your new UCO I-20 will not be created until your current school has completed this form and you have signed the release.
In addition to any undergraduate transcripts, UCO requires all transcripts with graduate-level course work.
Graduate readmission is required if applicants fall under one of the criteria below:
- It has been more than one semester and a summer term since applicants last attendance at UCO; or
- Applicant has completed a degree after the last enrollment at UCO; or,
- Applicant has been suspended after the last enrollment at UCO.
Students applying for readmission that have been suspended once for academic reasons from UCO or another institution of higher education in Oklahoma may apply for readmission after the semester in which they were suspended. Such readmission is not automatic but is decided on an individual basis.
Submit official transcripts by mail:
University of Central Oklahoma
Jackson College of Graduate Studies
100 N University Drive, Box 117
Edmond, Oklahoma 73034, USA
Once admitted to UCO, pay the mailing fee online to have documents shipped
Submit all other academic and immigration-related documents online