Skip navigation


Future Students

What are the application deadlines?

Undergraduate applicants: UCO does not have application deadlines for undergraduate applications. For students unable to enroll for the semester applying for, the application will roll to the next semester.

Graduate applicants:

  • Fall semester: June 15
  • Spring semester: Oct. 15

Certain academic programs have different application deadlines. View all graduate deadlines.

How do I pay my application fee/mailing fee, if I don't have a credit or debit card?

If you do not have access to a credit card, UCO has partnered with Flywire (previously known as peerTransfer) to provide you with an easy and secure method for sending international payments. If you need to use Flywire to pay your fee, you must have a student ID number created first. Email for assistance with getting an ID number created.

What needs to be included on the required bank statement?

When submitting bank statements with your application, you must include:

  • Name of the account holder
  • Account balance
  • Bank stamp/signature
  • Date
A full transaction history does not need to be included, just an account summary.


I have been fully admitted, but I have not received my I-20. What should I do next?

The U.S. Embassy now is accepting digital Form I-20 for visa application due to COVID-19 concerns. Once admitted, you have the option to receive your digital admissions packet via email at no additional cost, which will include your I-20 form. If you would like to receive a hardcopy admissions packet via FedEx, you would need to pay the Express Mailing Charge of $55.00.

I was "conditionally admitted." What does that mean?

UCO offers conditional admission for applicants who do not have English proficiency or the TOEFL/IELTS/Academic score does not meet our full admission requirements. Students who are conditionally admitted will also need to apply to one of the approved ESL Programs. Language school will issue you an I-20 for VISA purposes. 

How do I enroll in classes using UCONNECT?

Undergraduate students will enroll in classes using their student portal, UCONNECT. If you have questions on how to do this, view the enrollment process page. Students can contact your admission advisor to make a virtual appointment to receive detailed instructions on how to enroll in classes.

Graduate students, contact the Jackson College Graduate Studies

How do I defer my admission to another semester?

Complete the deferral request form if you like to request your entry or intake term to UCO to be changed to a future semester.

I am currently enrolled at another U.S. institution. How do I transfer my SEVIS record?

You must submit the SEVIS Transfer-In Form to allow the UCO admission advisor to review your current immigration and academic records prior to issuing your official admissions letter. Your current institution will release your SEVIS record after receiving your UCO admissions letter. Once your SEVIS record is transferred from your current institution to UCO, your new UCO I-20 will be created. 

How do I submit my immunization records before I arrive?

All new students are required to provide proof of minimum immunization.

Oklahoma Statutes, Title 70 section 3244, requires that all students who enroll as a full-time or part-time student in an Oklahoma public or private postsecondary institution must provide documentation of vaccinations for Hepatitis B and Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR). UCO requires three doses for Hepatitis B and two doses for MMR.

If you do not have a past immunization record, you will need to complete your immunization shots prior to enrollment for your first semester of studies at UCO, otherwise, you will not be able to enroll for your second semester. Submit immunization records.

Do I need to get insurance before arriving to Oklahoma?

Medical insurance is required for all international students. international students (F-1, J-1) are automatically enrolled in the UCO sickness and accident insurance plan. This will be charged to your UCO bursar account upon enrollment.  You may choose your own insurance, as long as it satisfies the minimum requirements. Learn more about insurance.

I have my flight booked. Will someone meet me at the airport?

If you are a new international student, you can request a ride from the airport to UCO campus housing or another destination in Edmond by submitting the airport pick-up form.

Am I required to participate in student orientation?

All students must complete the Forge Online International Student Orientation before arrival. Watch your email for instructions on how to access the online orientation.

There will also be an in-person new international student orientation after arrival. All undergraduate and graduate international students will be required under immigration law to attend this orientation. Fill out the registration form