The University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) requires that all F-1 international students, J-1 students/visiting scholars and J-2 dependents maintain medical health insurance coverage during their academic program at UCO. All international students (F-1, J-1) are automatically enrolled in the UCO health insurance plan. This will be charged to your UCO bursar account upon enrollment.
UCO International Insurance
If you choose to remain with UCO health insurance, your service provider will be ISO Student Health Insurance. You may view the policy coverage on their website. All students are enrolled in this plan automatically unless an insurance waiver application is approved before the deadline on Friday before the beginning of a semester.
Here are a few tips on how to manage your insurance:
- Upon the start of a semester, you will receive an email at your UCO email account from ISO with your member ID and password. If you do not see the email, check your junk folder. If you still cannot find it, ISO for further assistance.
- Use those credentials to log in to your account to review your information and make sure it is correct.
- Print your ID card and always carry it with you when you visit a medical facility or a pharmacy.
- If you decide to use insurance other than what UCO provides, you must submit an insurance waiver request.
- You have to make sure that your selected insurance plan satisfies university requirements.
- Insurance waiver requests are reviewed on a semester-by-semester basis.
- All documentation meeting requirements must be submitted no later than Friday before the semester start.
- If you do not submit all documentation before the waiver deadline, you will automatically be enrolled in the UCO health insurance plan.
- If you are an F-1 student, an insurance waiver application is now requested to be submitted every semester.
Insurance Coverage Requirements
- Minimum medical coverage of $100,000 (USD)
- Minimum medical evacuation coverage of $50,000 (USD)
- Minimum repatriation of remains coverage of at least $25,000 (USD)
- The insurance documentation is in English.