Native American Success Initiative
What is the Native American Success Initiative?
Native American Success Initiative (NASI) is designed to help promote the retention, academic success, and graduation of Native American students. During this initiative, students have the ability to tap into resources designed to help them develop both personally and professionally. The academic, social, cultural, and psychological needs of Native American students are addressed through a variety of intentionally designed curricular and social programs.
What are the benefits of the Native American Success Initiative?
- Financial aid assistance;
- Community-building activities and shared experiences;
- Dedicated and intrusive advisement;
- Micro-credential opportunities;
- Campus and community engagement;
- Faculty and staff connections; and,
- Tuition waiver (Based on involvement).
Who’s eligible to participate in the NASI?
- First-year or first-time students at UCO who self-identify as Native American
- Full-time students enrolling in the fall and spring semester of their first year at UCO
- Applicants must have less than 30 college credit hours
How to Apply:
Step 1: Register for FORGE, the orientation program for all UCO students where you will enroll in your classes.
Step 2: Complete the NASI New Student Application
Step 3: At FORGE, enroll in at least two of the four NASI cohort classes offered for the fall semester. One of the three classes must be the NASI Success Central Course.