UCO has temporarily shifted most in-person classes to synchronous virtual delivery through Jan. 31. Campus facilities and services will remain open and offer in-person and virtual options. COVID-19 protocols remain in place. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff who are directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage.
Moving to Campus
The team at Housing & Residential Engagement is excited to welcome each resident to campus and share the information students will need in making the transition to campus life. Students can find their room assignment and contract information in the MyHousing Portal.
New Resident Move-In occurs Aug. 8 - 11, 2020, and we are busy preparing for your arrival! The Housing team is working hard during this challenging time to ensure your transition to campus life goes as smoothly as possible.
Before You Arrive
There are a few things to check off before you arrive on campus.
- Order your parking permit. It will be available to pick-up when you arrive at Central Check-In;
- Review the What To Bring Checklist before purchasing decorations and supplies;
- Contact your roommate to coordinate on big ticket items like TVs and refrigerators.
Coming to Campus
In order to help ensure social distancing guidelines are followed, our team has assigned each resident a move in time that ensures an equal distribution of residents and guests within the halls. Assigned move in times for Aug. 10 and 11 are as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 10
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Last names beginning with A - B
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Last names beginning with C - D
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Last names beginning with E - G
- 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Last names beginning with H – J
- Tuesday, Aug. 11
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Last names beginning with K - M
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Last names beginning with N - R
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Last names beginning with S - U
- 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Last names beginning with V – Z
Students who cannot make their assigned time or who are unable to participate in Alternative Arrival can check in Aug. 12 to 14, with check in packets available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Housing Front Desk in Bausher Place 201. We encourage all residents to try to make it to their designated time if at all possible to help with social distancing efforts on later days.
The first step in Move-In Day is Central Check-In. Located at the front desk of your respective hall, or the Sidelines Sports Grill Lounge for Commons residents, students will pick up packets containing their room key, parking pass, and important information about campus partners.
Unloading Your Car
Housing has identified preferred traffic and parking maps to make getting to your building and unloading your vehicle easier. To preview the traffic routes and unloading zones, download your hall's map from the list below:
While in the halls, guests are limited to two people per resident to assist with social distancing efforts. Masks are required when in the corridors, community spaces, and Central Check-In Area.
Packing and Decorating Tips
Moving to campus requires a lot of time and effort. Get ahead with some of our tips below to get ready for the big day.
- Pack your belongings in easy to carry and labeled containers;
- Keep containers small to medium in size. Some halls do not have elevators;
- Bring a dolly or cart to help make larger loads easier to carry from car to room;
- Stock up on Command Strips and poster putty to hang decorations. Nails, screws, double-stick tape, and thumbtacks are prohibited;
- Don't stress. Target and Walmart are less than three miles away for any forgotten or left behind items; and,
- Be patient. Lots of students will be moving in, accompanied by family and friends, during this strange time of social distancing.
After You've Unpacked
Now that you are on campus, get excited! Get ready for classes by purchasing your textbooks from the UCO Bookstore, along with the latest in UCO gear, explore our beautiful campus, and plan your schedule from the Welcome Week and Stampede Week event calendars!
To prepare students for the new guidelines on campus, each resident will find a UCO branded mask in their room upon their arrival.