Moving to Campus
The team at Housing & Residential Engagement is excited to welcome each resident to campus and share the information students will need in making the transition to campus life. Students can find their room assignment and contract information in the MyHousing Portal.
Registering for Move-In
Residents are required to complete the Move-In Registration form in order to select a time period during which they can move in. Completion of this form will allow Housing to ensure volunteers are available to assist during the move-in process and control traffic patterns in such a way that residents can unload directly in front of their building.
New Resident Move-In begins Aug. 18, 2022, and we are busy preparing for your arrival! The Housing team is working hard during this challenging time to ensure your transition to campus life goes as smoothly as possible.
Before You Arrive
There are a few things to check off before you arrive on campus.
- Order your parking permit. It will be available to pick-up when you arrive at Central Check-In;
- Review the What To Bring Checklist before purchasing decorations and supplies;
- Contact your roommate to coordinate on big ticket items like TVs and refrigerators.
Coming to Campus
In order to help control the flow of traffic and allow easy access to the buildings for all residents, Priority Move-In requires each resident select a move-in time from the available options on Aug. 18 - 20 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Arrivals outside of this time may not have the ease of access granted by Priority Move-In, so utilizing this process is highly encouraged.
- Thursday, Aug. 18
- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 19
- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 20
- 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Students who cannot make Priority Move-In times can check in anytime after 8 a.m. Aug. 22, with check in packets available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at the Housing Front Desk in Bausher Place 201.
The first step in Move-In Day is Central Check-In. Located at the front desk of your respective hall, or the Sidelines Sports Grill Lounge for Commons residents, students will pick up packets containing their room key, parking pass, and important information about campus partners.
Unloading Your Car
Housing has identified preferred traffic and parking maps to make getting to your building and unloading your vehicle easier. To preview the traffic routes and unloading zones, download your hall's map from the list below:
Packing and Decorating Tips
Moving to campus requires a lot of time and effort. Get ahead with some of our tips below to get ready for the big day.
- Pack your belongings in easy to carry and labeled containers;
- Keep containers small to medium in size. Some halls do not have elevators;
- Bring a dolly or cart to help make larger loads easier to carry from car to room;
- Stock up on Command Strips and poster putty to hang decorations. Nails, screws, double-stick tape, and thumbtacks are prohibited;
- Don't stress. Target and Walmart are less than three miles away for any forgotten or left behind items; and,
- Be patient. Lots of students will be moving in, accompanied by family and friends, during this strange time of social distancing.
After You've Unpacked
Now that you are on campus, get excited! Get ready for classes by purchasing your textbooks from the UCO Bookstore, along with the latest in UCO gear, explore our beautiful campus, and plan your schedule from the Welcome Week and Stampede Week event calendars!
New residents and residents who did not reside on campus during the winter intersession will be able to re-enter the halls on Jan. 7, 2023.
The spring housing application will be available in late Fall 2022.