Moving to Campus
The team at Housing & Residential Engagement is excited to welcome each resident to campus and share the information students will need in making the transition to campus life. Students can find their room assignment and contract information in the Housing Portal.
New Resident Move In occurs on Aug. 8, 2020, and we are busy preparing for your arrival! Offering a full-service move-in experience, staff and volunteers will be on hand to assist in ensuring your transition to campus life goes as smoothly as possible.
Before You Arrive
There are a few things to check off before you arrive on campus. With more than 1000 students moving in, organization is key.
- Order your parking permit. It will be available to pick-up when you arrive at Central Check-In;
- Review the What To Bring Checklist before purchasing decorations and supplies;
- Contact your roommate to coordinator on big ticket items like TVs and refrigerators; and,
- Sign up for a move-in time to save time when you arrive to campus
The move-in time reservation form will open on April 1, 2020.
The first step in Move-In Day is Central Check-In. Located in the Nigh University Center Ballrooms, students will pick up their room key, parking pass, and receive information on how to navigate to your residence hall. Unloading zones are located next to each hall for your convenience and one person must stay with the vehicle at all times. To preview the traffic routes and unloading zones, download your hall's map from the list below:
While in the Nigh University Center, don't forget to visit the UCO Bookstore to order your textbooks and pick up some of the latest UCO swag to start your year off right.
Packing and Decorating Tips
Moving to campus requires a lot of time and effort. Get ahead with some of our tips below to get ready for the big day.
- Pack your belongings in easy to carry and labeled containers;
- Keep containers small to medium in size. Some halls do not have elevators and dollies go fast;
- Stock up on Command Strips and poster putty to hang decorations. Nails, screws, double-stick tape, and thumbtacks are prohibited;
- Don't stress. Target and Walmart are less than three miles away for any forgotten or left behind items; and,
- Be patient. More than 1200 students move in on Move-In Day accompanied by family and friends, resulting in a lot of excited people on campus!
After You've Unpacked
Now that you are on campus, there is a ton to do! Get ready for classes by purchasing your textbooks from the UCO Bookstore, along with the latest in UCO gear, mix with your fellow residents, and plan your schedule from the Welcome Week and Stampede Week event calendars!
As Housing & Residential Engagement welcomes more than 1200 students on Aug. 8, community involvement is vital to the student experience during move in. Volunteers will work in three-hour shifts and receive complimentary snacks and drinks throughout the day. Groups and organizations also are encouraged to volunteer.
The volunteer form will open on April 1, 2020.
New residents and residents who did not reside on campus during the winter intersession will be able to re-enter the halls on Jan. 10, 2020.