Housing Employment Opportunities
Student Front Desk Team
Student Front Desk Team members often live or have previously lived on campus before and serve as a direct source of information for residents. They provide information and support to anyone interested in on-campus housing, as well as parents and family members who have questions. Desk Team members communicate with residents via phone, email, text, chat, and in person to answer questions, address Maintenance Work Order needs, and assist with applying for housing. They have strong customer service and communication skills, and are always willing to go above and beyond for our residents. They also support our professional staff in working on various projects for Housing & Residential Engagement and Campus Enterprises.
Student Maintenance Team
Student Maintenance Team members are essential to the upkeep of all our residence halls and our dining facilities. They work directly with our five professional Maintenance Technicians to address any and all building concerns reported by residents or staff members. Student Maintenance Team members assist with building improvements, renovation projects, and resident concerns about anything in their rooms/suites/apartments that may be broken or malfunctioning. They also contribute to the beautification of our buildings though both large- and small-scale landscaping and painting projects.
Resident assistants are the face residents are most familiar with since they live right in the hall with them. By serving as peer mentors, role models and a walking resource guide, RAs are vital to the hall community and for maintaining its health and safety throughout the year. Student leaders seek out RA positions because not only does it look great on a resume, but it allows for students to grow in a diverse skill set and have experiences and opportunities that allow leadership to thrive. RAs are an essential part of the on-campus experience, and students who love the Broncho community enough to live and work on campus are always being sought out to help guide the next class of Bronchos!
- Room costs in your assigned building
- Meal plan of your choice
- Awesome work environment and team
- Serve as the primary community builder of a community of 40+ residents
- Build individual relationships with each resident
- Facilitate social and leadership opportunities for residents
- Administrative duties such as: room inventories, student check in/out, incident reports, programming, facility work orders
- Develop as a leader and member of a group through extensive training in late July and early August, early January, weekly staff meetings and ongoing training throughout the school year
- Educate residents on University and Housing policies
- Available to work on-call rotation
- Be enrolled as a full-time UCO student at the time of application in the spring and for the upcoming fall semester
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Have completed one semester at UCO
- Enroll in Introduction to Student Development- PTE 4910 for credit or noncredit, unless already completed. This class meets Wednesdays from 2-4 p.m.
Housing Ambassadors are the first faces many prospective residents see when they visit our residence halls. As student representatives of Housing & Residential Engagement, ambassadors are responsible for conducting daily tours of residence halls, participating in recruitment events, providing customer service to students and their families during campus visits, and providing office support for Campus Enterprises Marketing and Housing & Residential Engagement. During their time as an Ambassador, students serve as an information source for all things Housing & Residential Engagement and share their passion for on-campus living and UCO with future residents and their families.
Application to open Summer 2020
- $1500 scholarship
- Public speaking and customer service experience
- Leadership Credit in STLR
- Lead tours of residence halls and dining facilities on daily scheduled tours and walk-ins
- Assist with recruitment events like Admitted Student Day and Housing Preview Night
- Maintain the appearance of showrooms in the residence halls
- Utilize social media to engage with prospective residents via InstaStories and Timeline Takeovers
- Provide a personal touch to interested students with email and phone call follow-ups
- Other duties as assigned
- Be a current or former on-campus resident
- Have and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours at UCO
- In good academic and conduct standing with the university and Housing & Residential Engagement
- Work up to 20 hours per week