The McNair Scholars program is federally funded through TRIO providing guidance and mentorship to underrepresented students in preparation for graduate school. The purpose of the program is to assist in the academic and professional development of undergraduates those whose goals are to attain a Ph.D. or a Masters Degree. The program helps students prepare for doctoral study through involvement in research and scholarly activities.
- Low-income and First Generation student
- 3.0 G.P.A.
- Undergraduate with at least 42 complete credits
- Full-time student
- Desire to obtain a PhD
- Partial Tuition Waiver to UCO
- Paid Summer Research Internship
- Faculty Mentor
- Graduate School Visits
- GRE preparation
- Complete Application for the McNair Scholars Program
- Current College Transcript(s)
- Two Faculty Letters of Recommendation
For any additional questions about the McNair Scholars program, visit the national Department of Education TRIO Program website.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.