Upward Bound Central Prep
Upward Bound Central Prep is a college preparation program designed to encourage students to develop the academic skills necessary to progress in post secondary education. The program focuses on providing equal opportunity for low income students.
Upward Bound Central Prep is federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The program serves 73 students from Capitol Hill High School, Crooked Oak High School and Star Spencer High School. Once admitted to the program students may participate until they graduate from high school.
The Upward Bound Staff makes regular visits to target schools in order to monitor students' academic progress, provide academic and personal advisement, and to provide information about college preparation. Listed below are additional supportive services students receive:
- College campus visits
- Parent Education Workshops
- Summer Enrichment Program
- Tutorial sessions at each school site
- Saturday workshops at least once a month
- Personal and social development activities
- Achievement and Awards Program to recognize students' accomplishments
- Senior Bridge Program designed to assist students to make a successful transition from high school to college
- A US citizen naturalized or permanent resident
- Must be currently enrolled at Capitol Hill, Crooked Oak or Star Spencer High School
- Must be a potential first-generation college student and/or meet federal financial guidelines as defined by the US Department of Education
All application information can be mailed to 100 N. University Dr. Box 95, Edmond, OK 73034 or returned to your designated school counselor.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
UCO Chambers Library