Federal Education Programs
The Federal Government funds college opportunity programs to motivate and support students from low income/disadvantaged backgrounds, veterans and students with disabilities in their pursuit of a college degree.
The TRIO Training Grants provide professional development opportunities for TRIO professionals working in postsecondary education across the U.S.
There are seven TRIO programs. TRIO programs provide academic tutoring, personal counseling, mentoring, financial guidance and other supports necessary for educational access and retention. Each of the programs has their own page- select the name of the program to view there page.
- This program supports adults in the completion of a secondary credential, admissions and enrollment in postsecondary education and financial aid applications.
- Program for college sophomores, juniors and seniors to find support to guide them to graduate school.
- This program assists high-need students with the skills needed to persist and graduate from UCO.
- The program provides cost-free educational services for students who are low-income and/or first- generation (neither parent has a four-year degree.)
- College preparation program to encourage opportunities for first-generation and/or low-income high school students to pursue higher education.
- A pre-college program to help high school students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math and science.
- Designed to help U.S. military veterans enter and succeed in post-secondary education.