Therapy Assistance Online
You can always visit us at the Center for Counseling and Well-Being, but you also have the option of using our free online service, Therapy Assistance Online!
Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) is an interactive, web-based program that provides guided activities to help overcome anxiety, depression and other common concerns. TAO is based on well-researched and highly effective strategies for helping anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
Each week, you will watch engaging videos, complete exercises, and meet with a counselor via private, secure videoconferencing for a 10-15-minute consultation.
- Weekly exercises take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
- Daily homework can be completed on a smartphone, tablet, or computer. These take about one-two minutes per entry and the treatment is most effective if you make an entry two or more times per day.
TAO allows you to get effective treatment when your schedule or life makes it hard to get to the counseling center. You will have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7 and a dedicated time to meet online with your counselor each week. The most recent research shows this treatment model with effect sizes equal to or exceeding face-to-face therapy.
If you are interested in trying out this program or if you have any questions, comments, or feedback, contact the Center for Counseling and Well-Being.
What is TAO Self-Help?
It may be helpful to think of TAO as an online library of engaging, interactive programs to learn life skills and to help you bounce back from disappointments or stumbling blocks in life.
High quality, entertaining, and interactive learning modules, using evidence-based theories.
Provide progress and outcome measures, along with screening for behavioral health problems, if desired.
Practice Tools and Logs
Tools to reinforce skills learned in the educational modules, including daily logs and journals.
Valuable resource to learn and practice mindfulness and meditation.
We are excited to provide you with very powerful evidenced-based, learner-focused content that aims to increase positive and adaptive behavior.
How to Sign Up
- Visit TAO
- Enter your name and email address on the enrollment form, use your university email address.
- Leave the 'Enrollment Key' field blank. Fill out the demographics and Informed Consent form and click 'Sign Me Up!'
- Check your email. You will be sent a registration email with a confirmation link which you must click on in order to sign in.