Due to continued impacts of the ice storm, UCO will be closed Thursday and Friday, Oct. 29-30. All classes and activities are cancelled. Offices are closed.
Peer Health Leaders
Peer Education is designed to facilitate the development and maintenance of healthy lifestyles in UCO students. To meet this goal, the program seeks to make students aware of the issues associated with unhealthy behaviors through education and up-to-date information, as well as life skills training to assist students in making healthy lifestyle choices.
The philosophy is that students can play a unique and effective role in encouraging their peers to consider, talk honestly about, seek professional advice, and develop responsible habits and attitudes toward alcohol, tobacco, diet and exercise, HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections, eating disorders, stress management and other related health issues.
Peer Health Leaders are students who combine their specialized training in health education and wellness with a desire to make a difference on campus. Peer Health Leaders are responsible, enthusiastic, dedicated student leaders that provide workshops, facilitate discussions, and sponsor campus events.
Become a Peer Health Leader
- Serve as an ambassador for health on the UCO campus
- Design, organize, and participate in campus-wide health programs
- Create, market and present outreach programs
- Staff health information booths
- Conduct health presentations and programs for the campus community
- Active involvement in UCO's Healthy Campus Leadership Team
- Semester tuition waiver (amounts vary)
- Peer Health Leader orientation
- Bi-monthly team meetings
- 25 hours of volunteer service per semester
- 2 semester commitment to the program