Due to continued impacts of the ice storm, UCO will be closed Thursday and Friday, Oct. 29-30. All classes and activities are cancelled. Offices are closed.
Fostering Student Success
The Fostering Student Success initiative facilitates a full‐time case manager position on campus to support Central students, formerly in foster care, in their efforts to attain a college degree. The case manager will serve as an advocate, social and clinical resources expert, and mentor for these students.
Eckerd Connects has joined together with University of Central Oklahoma and Oklahoma City metro schools to help our foster youth achieve academic success.
The Fostering Student Success outreach specialist is available to assist case managers, foster parents, and relatives in securing the resources their high-school foster youth need to excel academically.
This support is working to ensure that our students thrive and ultimately make successful transitions to post-secondary institutions, including both vocational and technical schools.
- Quarterly education-related workshops available to foster youth ages 13+.
- Enrollment assistance for various Vo-Tech or College programs.
- Assistance identifying educational resources and scholarships.
- Assistance enrolling youth in Oklahoma’s Promise (formerly OHLAP).
- Ongoing performance assessments to ensure youth is on track for graduation.
To be eligible for Fostering Student Success programs, a young person must be:
- Between in high school grades 9-12 or a GED program
- Living in Oklahoma county
- In the legal custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS) or a federally recognized tribe
For more information or to refer a foster youth to this program, connect with Taylor McClellan at email@example.com or call (405)974-2215.
Support for Foster Alumni and Independent Students
- One on One Support
- Group Workshops
- Community Building
- Resource Center
- Student Organization
- Develop life skills
We are located at UCO, Thatcher Hall, 3rd floor, Room 328.