Stampede Week at Central
Whether you're stepping on campus for the first time or have returned after an awesome campus visit, our celebration will make sure you feel welcome at your new home!
UCO gets every year started right, and the first week of classes and a few days before is Stampede Week. Everything you need to do – from getting connected on campus to joining a fraternity or sorority to even getting a job – starts here. You’ll meet new people, discover all the perks of being a Broncho and get plenty of free stuff.
Stampede Week 2022 Calendar Highlights
Check out this full calendar of events and follow us on social media for all the info on Stampede Week! All events are FREE and open to any new or current UCO student.
Thursday, Aug. 18
- 7-9 p.m., Wellness Center – Broncho First Friend
Come to this speed-friending event to meet fellow Bronchos at UCO. There will be a DJ, prizes and more!
Friday, Aug. 19
- 10 a.m.-noon, Blue Tent at Broncho Lake – Central Locate
Bring your class schedule and the orientation leaders will help you find your classes.
- 2:45 p.m., Old North – Freshman Convocation
Freshmen will walk the "backward" route of the traditional graduation walk as a part of your official welcome to UCO. After Convocation, a free dinner will be provided at Ayer's Kitchen for all students. In addition, the first 500 freshmen at Convocation will get a free UCO hoodie, courtesy of the president's office. Don't forget to wear your UCO gear!
- 7-9 p.m., Plunkett Park – Make a Splash at Plunkett
Take part in a myriad of water inflatables, food, music and fun!
Saturday, Aug. 20
- 8 a.m.-1 p.m., NUC Second Floor – Becoming Broncho Day of Service
UCO Community Engagement invites you to start off Stampede Week by connecting with your local community through a direct service experience. We will be serving the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. Meet us on the second floor of the NUC, transportation will be provided to the food bank. Register to volunteer.
- Noon-2 p.m., Blue Tent at Broncho Lake – Central Locate and Tie-Dye
Bring your class schedule and the orientation leaders will help you find your classes! Tie-dye stations will also be at Broncho Lake, so bring something to tie-dye.
- 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m., TBD – Broncho Night Out
This annual event is a great way to welcome all our UCO students back on campus. Come for fun, food, music, games and other activities, and pick up your official Stampede Week T-shirt!
Sunday, Aug. 21
- 2-4 p.m., Blue Tent at Broncho Lake – Central Locate and Popsicles
Bring your class schedule and the orientation leaders will help you find your classes, plus grab a popsicle!
- 3-5 p.m., Blue Tent at Broncho Lake – Chalk Your Walk
Come participate in our Chalk Your Walk sidewalk-art competition! Chalk and space will be provided, and the art deemed the best representation of UCO will win a prize.
- 7-9 p.m., NUC Ballrooms – Broncho Bingo
Dress up like your favorite bingo player and join UCO Housing for Broncho Bingo.
Monday, Aug. 22
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Broncho Lake – Fraternity and Sorority Life Fair
The first fair of Stampede Week will host the more than 25 fraternities and sororities available at UCO. Come visit each table and learn more about joining these organizations.
- 10 a.m.-noon, Clock Tower – "Donut" Stress About the School Year
Stop by Clock Tower at Broncho Lake for a donut and first-day-of-school pictures to send to family and friends and post on social media!
- 8 p.m., NUC Ballrooms – Party in the UCO
Party in the UCO is a silent-disco meets roller-skating event! Come skate your heart out, meet new people and jam out with us.
Tuesday, Aug. 23
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Broncho Lake – Volunteer- and Part-Time Job Fair
If you're looking for a part-time job on or off campus, or volunteer opportunities in the Edmond and OKC area, stop by this fair to get all the information you need.
- 8 p.m., Stampede Week Evening Event
More details coming soon.
Wednesday, Aug. 24
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Broncho Lake – Student Involvement Fair
The biggest fair of the week is here! Come by and get information on more than 200 student organizations offered at UCO! Don't see a club you're looking for? Check out UCORE or stop by the Student Involvement Center in NUC 141 to learn how to start your own.
- 5-8 p.m., Wellness Center – Broncho Bash
- 8 p.m., The UCO Boathouse at Arcadia Lake – "Sharknado" at Arcadia Lake
Join us for a movie by the lake! Dress up in your beach attire and sit back and relax for a viewing of the movie, "Sharknado."
Thursday, Aug. 25
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Broncho Lake – Interfaith Fair
This fair gives you the opportunity to learn more about places of worship in the Edmond and OKC area.
- 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m., College of Business Lawn – College of Business Open House
Visit the UCO College of Business for the annual Open House Carnival for food, games, giveaways and learn more about scholarships.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Broncho Lake – ROTC Picnic
The UCO ROTC office will be grilling free burgers and hot dogs for UCO students and the community.
- Noon-2 p.m., College of Liberal Arts North and South – College of Liberal Arts Open House
Meet faculty and staff from the UCO College of Liberal Arts and learn more about degree programs and classes offered, events and more.
- 7 p.m., Chad Richison Stadium – UCO Football Scrimmage
Kick off the school year with this football scrimmage game! Come cheer on the Bronchos in your favorite UCO gear.
- 8 p.m., Plunkett Park – Broncho Warrior
This block party, co-sponsored with MidFirst Bank, will have inflatable obstacle courses to challenge yourself like the shows, "Wipeout" and "America Ninja Warrior."
Friday, Aug. 26
- 8 p.m., Buddy's Lawn – Stampede Week Concert
Co-sponsored by New Broncho Orientation, University of Central Oklahoma Student Association and the UCO Student Programming Board. The concert performer will be announced soon.
Stampede week is really free?
It’s more than just free; you actually get free stuff just for showing up! Each of the events is free of charge to UCO students, so why would’t you want to get involved?
What happens to the outdoor events if it rains?
You should already be following us on Twitter or Instagram. This is where you’ll get the most up-to-date info about campus events. If something gets moved or canceled, you’ll see it there first. You can also call the Student Engagement Office at 405-974-2363 between 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Can we meet the performers who come to campus?
Some artists will have meet and greets, but it really depends on the artist. If they do, we’ll make an announcement via Twitter and at the beginning of their event.
If I’m a commuter, where should I park for Stampede Week events?
Your commuter tag makes it easy to park in the commuter lot. You can also park in the NUC visitor lot, but you still need to pay to park there.