Consistent with revised CDC guidance, vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are recommended to wear a mask when in public indoor spaces where COVID-19 virus transmission is considered substantial or high.
COVID-19 Resources: COVID-19 Testing | Report Positive Test, Symptoms, or Direct Exposure | Vaccine Information | COVID-19 Website
A Homecoming Message from President Neuhold-Ravikumar
Dear Broncho community,
Thank you for the incredible support of the University of Central Oklahoma as we continue to pursue making a positive impact in the lives of our students and our state.
Homecoming is a special moment for us to share our lives, recount our stories and build new memories as a university family. This year’s celebration brings fresh energy into our atmosphere like the warm sun after a hard rain. The pandemic, that began last year, has not dampened our hopes and plans for the future, but rather has invigorated our Broncho spirit!
Our homecoming committee, our students and many individual contributors across campus have prepared events that will bring us together and focus us on the true joy of sharing the Central experience. I invite you and challenge you to engage with us and plug into this spirit. Did you know that more than 30% of our faculty and staff are UCO alumni? I can’t think of a stronger affirmation of who we are and what we do. I am incredibly grateful for your investment in this university.
You have been part of a historical pioneer effort to elevate our community and each other through education. We proudly claim you as Bronchos and look forward to seeing you throughout this week.
Homecoming 2021 Events
Sunday, Oct. 17
- Dec the Campus: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Blue Tent and UCO Campus
- Dodgeball Tournament: 5 p.m., Wellness Center
Monday, Oct. 18
- Honoring Old North Spirit Event: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Clock Tower
- Pop-Up Shop: Silver Leaf Gems and K’s Bakery: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Clock Tower
- Chos’ Trivia: 7 p.m., NUC Ballroom A
Tuesday, Oct. 19
- Broncho Bell and Bracelets Spirit Event: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Clock Tower
- Pop Up Shop - Best of Books: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Clock Tower
- Talent Show: 7 p.m., NUC, Constitution Hall
Wednesday, Oct. 20
- E-Sports Tournament: 5:30 p.m., Co-Op
- Night at the Nigh Spirit Event: 7 p.m.-9 p.m., NUC Ballrooms
Thursday, Oct. 21
- Golden Bronchos Breakfast: 9 a.m., NUC Ballroom A
- Bronze and Blueberry Breakfast: 9 a.m., Plunkett Park (Rain Site: NUC Food Court)
- Murdaugh Memory Making Spirit Event: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Murdaugh Lawn
- Alumni Bronchtoberfest: 5-8 p.m., The Patriarch
- Homecoming Pep Rally: 7:30 p.m., Hamilton Fieldhouse
Friday, Oct. 22
- Distinguished Alumni Award Recognition Ceremony: 11:30 a.m., NUC Ballrooms
- FSI and Food Trucks Spirit Event: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Clock Tower
- Student Leadership Alumni Reunion: 6-8 p.m., Old North
- YELL: 7:30 p.m., Wantland Stadium
Saturday, Oct. 23
- Homecoming Festival: 10 a.m.-noon, east of Wellness Center (Lot 47)
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Washburn: 2 p.m., Wantland Stadium
Homecoming 2021: New Traditions Established for Royalty Court
In response to student feedback and recommendations by the Homecoming Activities Board, UCO Student Association and the Diversity Roundtable, the university has adopted new criteria for the nomination of the Homecoming Royalty Court.
Now, any active student organization can nominate one royalty candidate. Those who meet the selection criteria will be interviewed by a panel of UCO faculty, staff and alumni. The top 10 scoring candidates will be named to the Homecoming Royalty Court. The top two candidates, as determined by interview scores and a vote of the student body, will be named Royal Bronchos.
The recipients will represent the ideal role model of a UCO Broncho. These are student-driven changes focused on creating a more inclusive Homecoming experience. Students can nominate a candidate online.
To learn more about this new tradition and the many activities and events the UCO Homecoming Activities Board is planning, check out the official Homecoming 2021 Playbook. Homecoming is scheduled for Oct. 17-23, 2021.
Interested in participating?
Help us make UCO's Homecoming the best celebration of the year. Make sure your organization’s Homecoming Representatives are ready by getting on the official email distribution list.