President's Leadership Council
- *Incoming Freshmen with minimum 3.0 GPA, 20 ACT, active involvement in two or more student organizations. Applications are due Feb. 1, 2022.
- *Continuing students with minimum 3.0 GPA, active involvement in two or more student organizations. Applications are due March 1, 2022.
- *Transfer students with minimum 3.0 GPA, active involvement in two or more student organizations. Applications are due March 1, 2022.
Students are required to show active involvement in at least two student organizations and are encouraged to hold office in at least one. Students must also submit 12 hours of volunteer service each semester through the Office of Community Engagement. Active involvement is reported through monthly activity reports. Attendance at monthly council meetings is required. Various events throughout the year such as PLC Banquet and Summer Retreat are required. Academic courses related to leadership are also require for students who enter the program as a freshman. Optional events include class gatherings, PLC President's Holiday Party, Winter Retreat, and Homecoming activities.
- ** 12-hour tuition waiver each semester
- Yearly $2,250.00 housing and meal waiver contract for Murdaugh, West Hall, The Quad, or Suites with active participation in a housing activity/organization.
- **A one-time study abroad, study tour, or alternative fall break is also awarded during the four-year program: $500.00-$1,000.00
*Meeting of minimum requirements does not grant automatic admittance into the scholarship program. All leadership scholarships require an interview. Students will be notified via email if selected for an interview.
**Incentives are dependent upon class and applicant. The scholarships can be renewable for up to four years for incoming freshmen, up to three years for continuing students and two years for transfer students. All are contingent upon review.
***Requirements are different for each scholarship council and are outlined specifically in the scholarship contract.