The International House and Programming is proud to offer scholarships to assist students with the costs of their education. Students may receive scholarships based on academic merit, student status and student involvement.
Every Nov. 1, the International House and Programming opens the application process for international students to apply for 10 leadership scholarships of $600.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be an F1 Student;
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate students;
- Be a full-time student at UCO, in good standing;
- Currently be an active member of UCO student organization; and,
- Enroll for the following semester.
If you are interested in applying, stop by the International House Office in West Hall 104C or the Office of Global Affairs to pick up a form. All applications are due Nov. 30 every year.Each of the following International House leaders will be eligible the scholarships listed below:
- Country and regional association president: $250 per semester;
- Executive officer of the International Student Council: $250 per semester;
- Global Leadership Ambassador executive director: $250 per semester; and,
- President and treasurer of the International Student Council: $1,000 per semester.
Mr. and Miss UCO International Scholarship
The International Pageant highlights the talent, culture and diversity of UCO's international students with pageant participants from around the world. There are first, second and third place winners receiving varying amounts of scholarships ranging from $500 - $1,600.
Guidelines and regulations for the Mr. and Miss UCO International:
- Be a full-time student at UCO with a GPA of 2.5 or above;
- Have at least one year of studying left at UCO;
- Be an F-1 student; attend all rehearsals, which will be announced during the Informational High Tea;
- Fulfill all job duties listed in the job description of Mr. and Miss UCO International; and,
- Must be nominated by their country association if more than one applicant and one gender from country is represented.
Glocal Passport Scholarship
Glocal Passport is a program that allows students at Central to experience what it is like to travel to different countries around the world without ever leaving campus! At the beginning of each semester, students interested in Glocal Passport will receive an empty passport from the International House Office, located in West Hall 104C. Throughout the year, students will be able to receive a stamp on their passport for all of the country events that take place from the International Student Council. At the end of the semester, students may submit their passport with a minimum of attending four-country association events and one ISC signature event in a drawing in order to receive an $800 scholarship.