Workplace Soft Skills
The workplace soft skills micro-credential is designed to introduce the learner to essential workplace soft skills in high demand by prospective employers. Learners will be exposed to best practices for successfully working and interacting with others in the workplace. They will gain a deeper understanding of how their attitude and behaviors impact their ability to form relationships, create trust and dependability and effectively contribute to the success of a team.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Learn how to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Identify the qualities found in resilient people and strategies for developing a growth mindset.
- Develop strategies to become more confident in taking initiative.
- Acquire knowledge to successfully write an email in the proper format.
- Gain insight for improving your emotional intelligence.
- UCO students
- In person or online synchronous workshops.
- Fall and spring semesters
- Find registration information online at the Student Success Center.
- The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the UCO College of Business Student Success Center at no cost to participants.
- Jordan Scribner, College of Business
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.