Training and Development
Developing and growing high-performing teams is an essential capability for leaders. This means identifying critical learning and performance needs and developing training and development strategies that create individual and organizational results. The training and development for team leaders micro-credential offered through the University of Central Oklahoma verifies proficiency in key capabilities for creating, delivering and managing training and development experiences in team contexts. The knowledge, skills and abilities included in this micro-credential were developed based on the Association for Talent Development (ATD) Capability Model: Development Professional Capability, Training Delivery and Facilitation.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
Students will be able to:
- Explain common principles of learning for adults;
- Analyze learning and performance needs;
- Compare training and development methods for teams;
- Select appropriate learning and development strategies given workplace scenarios;
- Plan inclusive training and development strategies for teams;
- Create learning objectives for training and development programs;
- Align training and development strategies to organizational performance results;
- Develop basic instructional resources for supporting training and development programs ;
- Facilitate training and development programs; and,
- Manage training and development programs for teams.
- UCO students, industry professionals
- Online, asynchronous
- Fall and spring semesters
How do you register for this micro-credential?
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s AESS 4123 Principles of Training and Development academic course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
What Does it Cost?
- The micro-credential fee is included in the price of the course tuition and fees
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.