Technical Composition for Diverse Audiences
Students will complete two courses within the Technical Writing major/minor where they will learn more about how to write for and work with different audiences with different needs. Students will learn about different accessibility tools in order to reach a wider audience.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Understand the principles of accessible language and layout design to meet the needs of diverse audiences.
- Adapt language to accommodate certain groups without excluding others.
- Prioritize accessibility and Inclusivity in all aspects of writing, editing and designing.
- Enhance Inclusivity without distracting from the message.
- Employ effective design to enhance accessibility in technical writing across mediums.
- UCO students completing ENG 4023/5023, ENG 4213/5493, ENG 4193/5303, and/or ENG 4063/5063
- In-person or online synchronous sessions
- Fall and spring semesters, as offered
- Those interested must complete two of the following UCO courses: ENG 4023/5023; ENG 4213/5493; ENG 4193/5303; and/or, ENG 4063/5063. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the University of Central Oklahoma Technical Writing Program at no cost to participants.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.