Earners of this badge have completed UCO's NTRN 3131 - food safety and sanitation academic course and have passed the official ServSafe Certification exam. ServSafe training is designed by foodservice and safety professionals, and it meets the requirements of state and federal laws and regulations. Earners learn the importance of safe handling of food, forms of contaminations, hazards in the flow of food, purchasing, receiving and storage of food, as well as additional topics.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Analyze data for assessment and evaluate data to be used in decision-making for continuous quality improvement.
- Describe safety principles related to food, personnel and consumers.
- UCO students enrolled in the NTRN 3131 food safety and sanitation academic course.
- In person
- Fall semester
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s NTRN 3131 food safety and sanitation academic course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is included in the price of the NTRN 3131 food safety and sanitation academic course tuition and fees.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.