Secure System Administration
Earners of the secure system administration badge have completed UCO's CMSC 4910/5910 Secure System Administration and Certification course. Secure system administration is an essential skill to operate critical cyberinfrastructure in a secure and reliable manner. Earners learn and practice hands-on system administration techniques to operate a system with script languages in a command-line interface for efficient and automated management.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Describe the essential concepts, components and terminologies used in system administration policies, regulations and risk management;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the usage of script languages;
- Design and create the automation of computer operational tasks using command-line interfaces and system tools;
- Recognize script languages for Linux and Windows operating systems, shells, editors and system analysis and automation tools; and,
- Describe essential concepts, components and terminologies used in policy, regulation and risk management.
- UCO Computer Science students enrolled in the CMSC 4910/5910 Secure System Administration and Certification academic course.
• In person or online, synchronous sessions.
• Fall semesters
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s CMSC 4910/5910 Secure System Administration and Certification academic course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is included in the academic course tuition and fees.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.