Registering a Music Copyright Micro-credential
The registering a music copyright micro-credential, offered through the Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma, provides background information about what copyright protection is and why it is important for performers and artists. Learners walk through the process of registering a copyright online step by step.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Earners of this micro-credential will understand what copyright is and why it is important;
- Know the difference between copyright and trademark;
- Have a grasp of copyright associated vocabulary;
- Know how to correctly register a copyright online;
- Understand their ownership rights;
- Understand the limitations of copyright and boundaries of fair use; and,
- Know the differences between performing arts copyright and sound recording copyright.
- UCO students, amateur musicians, professional musicians, industry professionals, aspiring publishing companies and individuals Song Writer's Guild
- Self-paced, online
- Participants may register at any time
What is a Micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.