The professional networking micro-credential provides participants with a distinct understanding of best practices in networking and building relationships with peers and colleagues. The micro-credential provides an examination of creating your brand, etiquette in professional settings and active listening.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Describe strategies for effective networking;
- Identify common networking mistakes;
- Recognize networking etiquette best practices;
- Demonstrate common social skills in a networking setting;
- Demonstrate active listening, interpersonal and nonverbal skills;
- Create a professional brand; and,
- Articulate value to a potential employer.
- UCO students, students in leadership positions, President’s Leadership Council and Leaders of Tomorrow students, high schools, adult professional groups.
- In-person workshop
- 4-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 18
- Interested parties will register via the Leadership Central UCORE page.
- The micro-credential fee is sponsored by Leadership Central making it free for students.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.