Pro Tools 101
The Pro Tools 101 micro-credential, offered through the Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma (ACM@UCO), walks through the material in the Pro Tools Fundamentals 1 textbook. Participants will learn fundamental concepts of digital audio recording, basic Pro Tools operations and important Pro Tools specific concepts and vocabulary. After completion, participants will have the opportunity to take the official Avid Pro Tools 101 Certification Exam. The Avid Pro Tools 101 certification is recognized across the entertainment industry as evidence of Pro Tools proficiency.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Examine basics of digital audio;
- Recognize the architecture of the program "learn the menu system;"
- Identify Pro-Tools specific terminology;
- Apply basic audio editing and recording skills;
- Import and export media;
- Recall hotkeys and modifiers;
- Apply basic MIDI editing and recording skills;
- Problem-solving within a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW); and,
- Complete the Pro-Tools certification.
- ACM@UCO students, high school students (partnerships with Oklahoma high schools that have strong media/tech programs), working professionals, podcasters and hobbyists
- Self-paced, online
- Participants may register at any time
What is a Micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.