Practical Skills for Editors
Students will learn editing skills as well as human communication and client-facing skills. Students will be exposed to some of the real-world realities of editing as well as practical editing skills.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Understand how to edit a text to evoke the desired tone and purpose for an audience.
- Learn key aspects of the editing industry to prepare for a career in editing.
- Practice creating documents that are likely to be found in a workplace.
- Manipulate text for optimal intelligibility and clarity.
- Market your personal brand as an editor through social media.
- Navigate sensitive editorial situations like giving feedback.
- UCO students completing ENG 4193/5303 Editing
- In-person or online synchronous sessions
- Fall and spring semesters, as offered
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s ENG 4193/5303 Editing course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the University of Central Oklahoma Technical Writing Program at no cost to participants.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.