Persuasive Presentation Techniques
Clear and persuasive communication is an essential capability needed to thrive in today’s world of education and work. The persuasive presentation techniques micro-credential, offered through the University of Central Oklahoma, demonstrates the capability to plan, create and deliver presentations that engage audiences and advocate for change. The knowledge, skills and abilities included in this micro-credential represent essential techniques for advocacy and using persuasive communication techniques in practical situations.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Outline elements of persuasive presentations.
- Conduct research on a specific topic.
- Develop visual materials for persuasive presentations.
- Demonstrate effective presentation delivery skills.
- Integrate communication skills into a concise, persuasive presentation.
- Advocate ideas through a persuasive presentation.
- Adapt communication approach to an audience.
- UCO students enrolled in the MCOM 1113 academic course
- Hybrid: online and in person
- Fall and spring semesters
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s MCOM 1113 academic course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is included in the price of the MCOM 1113 academic course tuition and fees.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.