ACM Intro to Photoshop Micro-credential
Photoshop is an extremely powerful software tool used by many creative professionals. Whether you are trying to expand your knowledge in photo editing, graphic design or creative marketing, Photoshop has the tools to help you get to the next step in your career. This micro-credential is meant for those who have little to no experience in Photoshop. After finishing this course, you will understand the basic layout and workflow in the software, learning how to edit a picture using levels and curves and how you can use the software to manipulate an image.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Understand how Photoshop can be used in various contexts (e.g. photo editing, graphic design, marketing).
- Understand color modes and how to adjust color.
- Learn properties of different file formats.
- Perform simple edits and touchups.
- Navigate basic software layout and workflow.
- Use Photoshop tools to manipulate an image.
- ACM@UCO students
- Touring musicians
- People starting bands
- Brand managers
- Graphic designers
- Internet kids who want to modify images just for fun
- Small business owners
- Self-paced, online
- Participants may register at any time
What is a Micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.