Intercultural Competency Micro-credential
This course, offered through the University of Central Oklahoma, utilizes the AFS Global and Cultural Competency Certification program and the Intercultural Development Inventory to help students grow in their intercultural competency. Throughout the course, students will complete a series of modules and an intercultural development plan further developing their ability to engage in a multicultural society.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Explain the basic tenets of culture and intercultural competency;
- Apply the cross-cultural concepts to their own lives and experiences;
- Evaluate how cultural competency can shape one’s position in society; and,
- Analyze their ability to interact with cultural experiences outside of one’s own culture.
- UCO students - must be sophomore standing
- Spring semester
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s SOC 3990 academic course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is included in the cost of the SOC 3990 Intercultural Competency academic course tuition and fees.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.