Incident Analysis and Response
Earners of the Incident Analysis and Response badge have completed the University of Central Oklahoma's CMSC 4910/5910 Incident Analysis and Response I course. This course introduces the core knowledge and skillsets for incident response, system analysis, and security controls. Earners learn hands-on techniques to investigate the symptoms of attacks and perform a comprehensive analysis to discover the details of attack damages and recover/protect the systems from future attacks.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Demonstrate the basic knowledge of cyberattacks, threat intelligence, and incident handling;
- Apply the incident handling procedures;
- Assess and evaluate the damages and vulnerabilities from cyber incidents;
- Formulate security controls to mitigate future attacks; and,
- Recognize the core security concepts for incident analysis and response such as vulnerabilities, cyber kill chain, threat intelligence, and indicators of compromise (IOC).
- UCO students
• In person or online, synchronous sessions.
• Spring semesters
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s CMSC 4910/5910 Incident Analysis and Response I academic course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is included in the price of the CMSC 4910/5910 academic course tuition and fees.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.