Food and Beverage Service Professional Micro-credential
The earner of this badge has a working knowledge and experience of food and beverage operations due to their semester-long, industry-based work experience within UCO’s on-campus restaurant, Central Station. Central station is a student-run restaurant, offering nutrition students a hands-on lab to practice food service and management skills.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Apply critical thinking skills.
- Evaluate a budget/financial management plan and interpret financial data.
- Apply the principles of human resource management to different situations.
- Apply safety and sanitation principles related to food, personnel and consumers.
- Explain the processes involved in delivering quality food and nutrition services.
- Practice resolving differences or dealing with conflict.
- Promote team involvement and recognize the skills of each member.
- Identifying Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- UCO students enrolled in the NTRN 4704 institutional food management academic course, working in Central Station
- Hybrid: online and in person
- Spring semester
- Those interested must be enrolled as a student in UCO’s NTRN 4704 institutional food management academic course. Registration for this micro-credential is included in the course enrollment.
- The micro-credential fee is included in the price of the NTRN 4704 institutional food management academic course tuition and fees.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.