The effective communication micro-credential focuses on developing a firm understanding of effective communication models and practices. The micro-credential also covers the various communication methods and mediums, building distinct knowledge on how individuals can develop strong communication skills and practices.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
Effective communication strategies, including written and oral communication; recognize nonverbal cues; use appropriate communication strategies in personal and professional settings and be able to differentiate between the two; manage tough conversations; and, convey professional presence through communication.
- Graduate and undergraduate UCO students, students in leadership positions, President’s Leadership Council and Leaders of Tomorrow students, high schools, and adult leadership groups outside of UCO.
- Primarily an in-person workshop with some components virtual.
- 1-4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 8
- Interested parties will register via the Leadership Central UCORE page.
- The micro-credential fee is sponsored by Leadership Central making it free for students
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.