Diversity Peer Educator Micro-credential
The Diversity Peer Educator program is designed to foster transformative learning experiences for students as they engage with the subjects of equity, diversity, culture, and inclusion through their work in researching, creating and facilitating presentations and workshops for the campus community.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Examine the role of culture, diversity and inclusion in your own lived experiences.
- Engage in regular self-reflection regarding your Diversity Peer Educator experiences.
- Identify barriers to inclusion within society.
- UCO students who are selected to serve as Diversity Peer Educators
- In-person and virtual sessions.
- This micro-credential will be on a set schedule as a part of the Diversity Peer Educator training programming. Recruitment and selection typically occur during the spring semester
- Contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for registration information.
- The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the University of Central Oklahoma Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), at no cost to participants
Contact InformationLiz Tabak
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.