Diversity Leadership Institute
Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) offers a transformative learning experience as participants view the concepts of race, culture, privilege, bias, prejudice and discrimination through the lens of lived experience. DLI encourages participants to examine and evaluate their own perceptions about self and others based upon their own lived experiences and creates space for meaningful and transformative conversations. It explores the importance of diversity on campus and the wider world and how diversity enhances the environment. The interactive, engaging and supportive activities, workshops and discussions work to build culturally competent leaders.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Learn the importance of communicating with peers who come from different lived experiences.
- Understand the importance of dialogue vs. debate and the role of each in communicating with others.
- Explore their social and cultural identities and how those relate to their goals as well as how social and cultural identities shape larger goals and ideals.
- Apply their knowledge gained through DLI to their own roles as leaders on campus.
- UCO students.
- In person.
- The Diversity Leadership Institute is offered once a year, typically in the summer.
- Contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for registration information.
- The cost for the student varies depending on the location of the Diversity Leadership Institute. Students should budget for $150-250 (this cost includes hotel, transportation and food).
Contact InformationLiz Tabak
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.