Diversity and Inclusion Risk Management
To earn the Diversity and Inclusion Risk Management micro-credential, students must choose an event and design an accompanying risk management plan. The risk management plan should include an outline of potential liabilities and a detailed strategy to mitigate those risks.
After the event's completion, earners must evaluate efficacy of their risk management plan and submit a personal reflection. Students will address areas for improvement and complete an adjusted risk management plan for future instances of an event.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Research potential hazards and use data to make practical decisions.
- Identify probable risks correlated to common activities.
- Ensure knowledge of risks is imparted to all members of an event team.
- Effectively communicate associated risks to participants in an event or activity.
- Apply a range of soft skills including resilience, flexibility and personal responsibility.
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate risks.
- Make informed predictions for future liabilities.
- Reflect on the success of risk management in a planned and completed event.
- UCO students connected to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Participants may earn this credential at any time.
- Contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for registration information.
The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the University of Central Oklahoma Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), at no cost to participants.
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.