Diversity and Inclusion Public Speaking
Through this offering, students will explore and identify the nuances of their cultural backgrounds while developing addresses, speeches, and commentary about their passions. Students will construct and deliver persuasive commentary geared toward celebration, building community, advocacy and education.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Understand the process of crafting persuasive verbal communication.
- Engage in the process of identifying the needs and expectations of the target audience and crafting verbal commentary to accommodate.
- Critically examine how an individual's personal life experiences influence their perspective and can be used to craft persuasive commentary.
- UCO students.
- In-person and online synchronous sessions.
- Participants may register at any time.
- Contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for registration information.
- The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the University of Central Oklahoma Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), at no cost to participants.
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.