Diversity and Inclusion Event Planning and Logistics Micro-credential
Through this offering, students will explore and identify the nuances of their cultural backgrounds and passions while developing programs and initiatives. Students will actively plan and execute programs geared toward the celebration, community building, advocacy, and education for historically forgotten populations.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Examine and identify the scope, purpose and goals of the event/program as it pertains to celebration, advocacy and education with regard to Diversity Equity and Inclusion topics.
- Conduct thorough assessment of resources needed to ensure successful event or program.
- Identify and incorporate appropriate event elements, services and layouts to meet the goals and objectives of the event or program.
- Students connected to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- In-person and online synchronous sessions.
- Participants may register at any time.
- Contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for registration information.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.