Diversity and Inclusion Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
This micro-credential is earned by students who demonstrate proficiency in problem solving and critical thinking. Students interested in earning this digital badge will develop an action plan to solve a problem and carry out that plan. Afterwards, they will evaluate the efficacy of their plan and submit a personal reflection. They will detail the potential barriers they sought to overcome and how successful their efforts were in practice.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Identify key differences in competing perspectives.
- Predict the likelihood of encountering issues associated with a particular task.
- Apply equal weight to all perspectives, including those that differ from one's own.
- Assess issues from all possible perspectives.
- Apply a range of soft skills including resilience, flexibility and personal responsibility.
- Use knowledge of differing perspectives to design creative solutions.
- Implement strategies to reach acceptable compromises.
- Adapt to obstacles in solving problems.
- Reflect on complete event and use of critical thinking to solve problems.
- UCO students connected to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Participants may earn this credential at any time.
- Contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for registration information.
The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the University of Central Oklahoma Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), at no cost to participants.
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.