Diversity and Inclusion Budgeting
To earn the Diversity and Inclusion Budgeting micro-credential, students must choose an event and design an accompanying budget and payment plan. The budget should be designed with particular thought given to contingencies and cost-benefit analysis.
After the event's completion, earners must evaluate the efficacy of their budget design and submit a personal reflection. Students will address areas for improvement as well as successes and complete an adjusted financial plan for future instances of the event.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Learn strategies for effective budget management.
- Identify all possible expenses for an event or organization.
- Promote financial success by imparting knowledge of budget restrictions to all team members.
- Apply a range of soft skills, including resilience, flexibility and personal responsibility.
- Maintain an adequate budget to cover the known and potential costs.
- Make informed predictions about future costs.
- Reflect on the success of budget management in a planned and completed event.
- UCO students connected to the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Participants may earn this credential at any time.
- Contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion for registration information.
The micro-credential fee is sponsored by the University of Central Oklahoma Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), at no cost to participants.
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.