Digital Accessibility Application Micro-credential
In the Digital Accessibility: Application micro-credential, participants who have completed the Foundations and Planning micro-credentials will put their digital accessibility skills and experience into action. Focusing on finalizing, presenting and implementing a plan of action, this transformative experience is the culmination of the participant's digital accessibility skills and experience.
What can you do with this micro-credential?
- Know university policies surrounding digital accessibility and equity and inclusion.
- Be familiar with digital accessibility resources.
- Develop and refine an actionable plan to implement digital accessibility.
- Identify solutions to overcome barriers for success.
- Facilitate conversations and dialogue around digital accessibility issues.
- Effectively communicate implementation plan to leadership.
- Establish a critical lens of accessibility within area of influence.
- UCO faculty, staff, student employees, interns and graduate students who have completed the Digital Accessibility Foundations and Planning micro-credentials.
- Hybrid, online and in-person sessions.
- Cohorts will be created based on interest and availability.
- Registration will be by invitation for individuals who have completed the Digital Accessibility Foundations and Planning micro-credentials.
- This micro-credential is sponsored by UCO's Center for eLearning and Connected Environments (CeCE) at no cost to participants.
- Darren Denham, digital accessibility consultant
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.