College-to-Career Transition Micro-credential
The college-to-career transition micro-credential is designed to provide the learner with the tools to successfully apply for a job upon graduation. The learner will be equipped with the knowledge to create professional job application materials used to further their career.
What will you be able to do with this micro-credential?
- Create and submit an effective, stand-out resume.
- Prepare and submit a proper cover letter for a desired job/internship.
- Practice effective interview skills and etiquette.
- Design a personal LinkedIn profile that showcases your personal brand.
- Develop job and internship search strategies and skills.
- UCO students
- In person or online synchronous workshops.
- Fall and spring semesters
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credentials provide new opportunities to demonstrate specific knowledge, skills and abilities in ways that create a more complete picture of your capabilities. Upon successful completion and verification of the micro-credential requirements, you will be issued a digital badge that can be displayed and verified online, such as on resumes or professional social media profiles. Digital micro-credentials can provide another way to demonstrate your achievement of competencies and allows you to clearly communicate your capabilities to others.