Master of Business Administration - Professional (Online)
Online Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Available through the University of Central Oklahoma’s Connected Campus, the fully online Professional Master of Business Administration (MBA) creates opportunities for career advancement in a variety of fields.
From where you stand, you seek to take on more responsibilities, lead others and have your ideas make an impact. Designed to be finished in 16 months, this flexible MBA program uses an accelerated format that blends coursework developed with input from industry leaders, small classes taught by supportive faculty and a connection-building environment. You won’t only gain the skills essential for advancement in today’s competitive marketplace—you’ll join a community invested in your success.
Why a UCO MBA? | Curriculum | Careers | Admission | Unlock Your Potential
Why Earn an Online MBA from UCO?
You’ve reached a certain point in your professional journey. Management or a leadership role is within your grasp, but your workplace requires you to strengthen your skills in these areas, as well as in teamwork, decision-making and strategizing.
UCO’s online MBA presents the right combination of skills and knowledge for taking the next step. Administered by our Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)–accredited College of Business, our Professional MBA program lets you take courses around your schedule, ensuring you don’t have to take a break from your career.
Getting you to the next step is a curriculum rooted in practical applications of management theories. Through core courses and electives letting you develop a specialization, you’ll cultivate the leadership skills necessary for standing out and supporting your potential.
At the same time, knowledge is but one part of advancement. Connections and support, no matter where you are in your career, help you move forward. Our team acknowledges this: courses for the online MBA use a cohort format, ideal for creating bonds with your instructors and peers that take your professional journey to the next level.
We Prioritize Connections
No one wants to feel as if they’re one of hundreds of students in a classroom. Especially in today’s world, connections give you that edge when you want to get ahead.
UCO’s online MBA offers a setting in and out of the classroom for growing your professional connections:
- Small class sizes result in quality, more personalized instruction and a chance to get to know classmates and faculty;
- Through our concierge program, UCO lets you meet our team in person or virtually to start the enrollment and admissions process;
- UCO events, guest speakers and other activities present opportunities for enriching your knowledge and developing more professional connections;
- Network on your terms—and at your convenience—with perpetual open-web conferencing, faculty-led web conferencing and webinars hosted by industry leaders; and,
- All guest speakers and industry leaders are recorded and made available to online students.
Curriculum Geared Toward Advancement
No matter your undergraduate degree’s focus, UCO’s online MBA broadens your knowledge through a leadership-focused curriculum built upon real-world applications:
- Faculty members are industry leaders themselves and incorporate their insights into the curriculum;
- The UCO College of Business aims to create an engaging, meaningful online MBA program and works with faculty certified to deliver such virtual experiences;
- Going beyond theories, the curriculum prepares you for managerial and executive positions, no matter your industry, with learning objectives and course content developed by industry leaders;
- Advanced, integrated coursework highlights applied uses for the concepts introduced while emphasizing problem-solving and ethical decision-making;
- Customize your degree toward your goals with electives in global entrepreneurship, health care, professional selling and business analytics; and,
- Although the online MBA is ideal for those with two to three years of industry experience, the program is open to anyone who has earned a bachelor’s degree.
Convenient, Flexible Format
Don’t prematurely halt your career trajectory. UCO conceived the online MBA as a flexible, 16-month program designed to fit around your schedule:
- Courses are scheduled in eight-week modules, helping you acquire essential skills at a faster pace and cutting out busywork; and,
- The program consists of three semesters and one summer session in succession to help you get closer to your goal.
An Affordable MBA Program
UCO’s online MBA is one of the most affordable degree programs of its kind in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area:
- Estimated cost for the 16-month program is $15,500* for residents, $17,000** for non-residents and $22,500 for international students;
- Scholarships and tuition waivers are available for qualified students; and,
- MBA tuition waivers are available by application for current students.
*The total estimated cost of $15,500 for resident students includes a $1,500 total program discount that will be applied for students who are in good academic standing and meet the minimum required hours.
**The total estimated cost of $17,000 for non-resident students includes a more than $13,000 total program discount that will be applied for students entering the first cohort who are in good academic standing and meet the minimum required hours.
Online MBA Curriculum
The online MBA requires 32-33 credit hours divided between a 24 credit–hour core and eight-nine credit hours of electives.
Topics build off your experience and bachelor’s degree:
- Understand how economic principles influence an organization’s decisions;
- Gain a stronger understanding of business law and ethical decision making, including within the context of sustainability;
- Learn how financial theories can help increase an organization’s profits;
- Explore how accounting and accounting systems affect business operations and managerial decisions;
- Think about human behavior in an organizational context, such as creating a culture, improving diversity and emphasizing teamwork;
- Discover strategies for making more sound quantitative decisions, including through business analytics and statistics;
- See the role marketing plays within an organization, from designing and implementing to evaluating strategies across multiple scenarios;
- Take a holistic look at operations and supply chain management, from models to efficiency-improving methods;
- Become a better delegator through project and program management strategies covering planning to organizing and resource allocation; and,
- Position yourself for the roles you seek by refining what you know about strategic management and evaluation.
Electives then let you specialize in:
- Professional Selling: See how to successfully close a deal and increase business through relationships. Attesting to our program’s effectiveness, our students have won national selling competitions and have 100% job placement following graduation.
- Global Entrepreneurship: Think beyond local connections to expand your business internationally. Electives instruct you in techniques for taking your business abroad, including attracting startup capital and understanding international financial markets.
Seminars further touch on investment strategies, accounting decision-making and energy markets.
Careers with an MBA
Effective leadership is hard to come by. Although individuals across all industries can give directions, few can motivate a team, understand how all areas of a business integrate and develop strategies that deliver results.
Yet, talent is just one aspect of success. Management and leadership propel it forward through a cohesive vision and comprehensive decision-making. In turn, as productivity increases and organizations rethink their structures, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has identified 5% greater demand for management positions between 2019 and 2029.
Potential job titles include:
- Advertising, promotions or marketing manager;
- Compensation and benefits manager;
- Emergency management director;
- Financial manager;
- Human resources manager;
- Medical and health services manager;
- Sales manager;
- Public relations and fundraising manager;
- Executive; and,
- Training and development manager.
To apply to the online MBA program, include the following documents along with a completed application for graduate admission:
- Competitive GRE/GMAT score**;
- Minimum 2.75 undergraduate GPA;
- 500-word personal statement;
- Current resume; and,
- Official undergraduate transcript
Application Deadlines for Fall
- May 15 - Priority Admission
- July 15 - Regular Admission
- Aug. 1 - Space Available Admission
Application Deadlines for Spring
- Oct. 1 - Priority Admission
- Nov. 15 - Regular Admission
- Dec. 1 - Space Available Admission
Unlock Your Potential with an Online MBA from UCO
Fulfill your management aspirations with UCO’s fully online Professional MBA. If you have any questions about the program, request additional information today.