Master of Science in Data Science
Courses You'll Take
The UCO data science master's program curriculum offers required courses in artificial intelligence (AI), data visualization, data mining and statistical learning, software engineering and more. The program prepares graduates to become data scientists, data engineers and analysts and computer science industry leaders.
The following prerequisites are required for admission to the data science program:
- Matrix Algebra or Linear Algebra;
- Statistical Methods I;
- Data Structures and Algorithms; and,
- An upper-division OO design and programming course with design patterns.
- Online application for admission.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions.
- Undergraduate transcripts must show a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall or 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted.
- Completion of the required prerequisite courses.
- The GRE exam is not required, but a minimum combined verbal and quantitative score of 300 is recommended.
- Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency.