Oklahoma High School Football State Championship Games:
UCO welcomes Oklahoma high school football state championship teams and fans to our campus for the 2022 OSSAA high school football championship games, Dec. 1-10. Visit the Championship Central website for more info.
Master of Science in Nursing - Online
The Master of Science in Nursing online degree will help to provide for the increasing global need of health care practitioners with expanded nursing knowledge. The degree directly addresses the University of Central Oklahoma’s mission to contribute to the intellectual, cultural, economic and social advancement of the communities and individuals it serves. The inclusion of 100 practicum hours facilitates the participation of students in transformative educational experiences that directly benefit the Oklahoma City metro area community.
The Master of Science in Nursing at the University of Central Oklahoma is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Exclusively online nursing courses
- 100 clinical hours required
- Flexible, personalized electives
- As low as $15,000
- May complete in as little as 16 months (full time)
Courses You'll Take
Nursing graduate students can choose from two course pathways: nursing leadership or nursing education. A master's degree in nursing education will prepare students for academic positions in nursing education or for positions in clinical staff education. The leadership pathway allows students to meet individual goals in areas such as healthcare leadership or administration.
Online application for admission.
Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions. Application materials and undergraduate transcripts must show:
- A minimum 3.00 GPA overall or 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted;
- Baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from a program that has received nursing accreditation from an agency approved by the Department of Education or its equivalent with at least a 3.00 GPA;
- Preference will be given to individuals with a current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oklahoma. Conditional admission will be considered for individuals in the process of obtaining licensure;
- Complete an undergraduate or graduate course in statistics; and,
- A written statement of purpose describing the applicant’s plans and rationale for graduate study at UCO.
Application may be made for conditional admission by students having an overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.50 or at least 2.25 with five years having passed since the date of the first bachelor’s degree. Formal approval by the selection committee is required for admission.
Review the nursing degree sheet for additional requirements that may not be listed above.