Oklahoma High School Football State Championship Games:
UCO welcomes Oklahoma high school football state championship teams and fans to our campus for the 2022 OSSAA high school football championship games, Dec. 1-10. Visit the Championship Central website for more info.
Master of Science in Engineering Physics - Physics
The Master of Science in Engineering Physics - Physics is designed so that its graduates can enter the industry or government sectors as practicing engineers or pursue research and teaching careers with government and/or academic institutions. The major also provides advanced study in physics, with emphasis in solid state, optics and electromagnetic fields, for students who intend to pursue a doctoral degree in engineering physics, physics or related fields.
Courses You'll Take
The mechanical engineering graduate program provides an excellent opportunity for individuals trained in technical disciplines, such as engineering and physics, to further their education. The curriculum consists of a basic core of physics courses and additional courses that support each student's goals. The program is very flexible and meets a variety of needs consistent with the resources of the School of Engineering and the University of Central Oklahoma.
- Online application for admission.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions. Undergraduate transcripts must show:
- A minimal 2.75 GPA overall and 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted or a 3.00 overall GPA.
- Completion of 24 undergraduate hours in physics or the equivalent and mathematics through differential equations and other prerequisites (if any), as determined by the graduate program advisor.
- Students with course deficiencies must complete 3000/4000 level courses in physics and engineering, in addition to the program course requirements.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. Submission of scores on the GRE General Test is required. There is no minimum required for admission, but a combined verbal and quantitative score of 305 is recommended.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- All applicants must receive approval for admission to the program from the Engineering Physics Admissions Committee.