UCO COVID-19 protocols remain in place for the spring 2021 semester. Masks are required on campus when around others. Students, faculty and staff directly exposed to or test positive for COVID-19 should fill out UCO's COVID-19 Self-Reporting form. To learn more about current operations, view the university's coronavirus webpage. View a list of UCO's virtual services.
Master of Science in Computer Science
The Master of Science in Computer Science program is designed to prepare students to meet the demands of a doctoral study program in computer science or a professional position in advanced computing applications in the information technology industry. The curriculum offers four optional concentration areas for the students to further develop their problem-solving skills and expertise beyond the baccalaureate level.
Courses You'll Take
The curriculum offers four optional concentration areas for the students to further develop their problem-solving skills and expertise beyond the baccalaureate level. Discipline concentration options include software engineering, enterprise development, intelligent systems and systems/theory.
- Online application for admission.
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each institution attended with all degrees posted. All transcripts must be from accredited institutions.
- Undergraduate transcripts must show a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall or 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or evidence of completion of all prerequisites (if any), as determined by the graduate advisor.
- Students with a native language other than English must submit evidence of English language proficiency.
See degree sheet for additional graduate requirements that may not be listed above.