Master of Public Administration in Public & Nonprofit Management - Online
Now, more than ever, our communities need people committed to serving the greater good of society. The UCO Master of Public Administration prepares you to take a leadership role in public service, contributing to meaningful programs and advancements that make our communities thrive.
As the flagship public service program for Oklahoma’s metropolitan university, the UCO MPA serves diverse communities by preparing ethical, transformational leaders who creatively and analytically inform public dialogue and manage policy through collaborative action.
The UCO MPA program can be completed online or on campus.
Courses You'll Take
The UCO MPA is a 36-credit hour program that is usually completed within two years of full-time study (nine hours per semester) for $15,500. UCO MPA students enjoy small classes taught primarily by full-time Ph.D. faculty who integrate academic excellence, rigorous research, and professional experience. The program also may be completed part time. It is housed in the Department of Political Science in the College of Liberal Arts.
The values of the UCO MPA include civic engagement/ collaboration, discipline knowledge/professional competence, diversity and cultural sensitivity, environmental stewardship, ethical leadership, global awareness, good governance, pride in public service, quality of life, and social justice.
Requirements for Admission
- A bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution in any field.
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or 3.0 in the last 60 hours attempted.
- A student may be admitted by one of the three following methods:
- A minimum 2.75 GPA overall or 3.00 GPA in the last 60 hours attempted;
- Obtains a GRE score of 150 on the Verbal portion of the GRE, 145 on the Quantitative portion of the GRE, and 4.5 on the Writing portion of the GRE;
- Or possess a master’s degree from an accredited university/ college with an overall GPA of 3.00.
The UCO MPA offers flexibility for working adults with night and weekend classes on our Edmond campus and downtown Oklahoma City facility, as well as online and streaming classes. Students can also create customized learning opportunities such as internships, field studies, institutes, workshops and independent studies that can help them complete their degree faster.
JD/MBP Paired Degree
Students can now work faster toward their leadership role in public service with our paired-degree program. In collaboration with the Oklahoma City School of Law, J.D. and MPA students may complete both degrees in less time.